ACCA SyllabusACCA course is a comprehensive professional course. ACCA is designed to develop:
- Vital knowledge : 13 theory papers in 3 levels
- Practical skills : 3 years’ work experience
- Professional values : Ethics module
|Fundamental Level||Professional Level|
|A. Knowledge Module||A. Essentials|
|1. Accountant in Business||1. Strategic Business Leader|
|2. Management Accounting||2. Strategic Business Reporting|
|3. Financial Accounting|
|B. Skills Module||B. Optional (any 2 / 4)|
|4. Corporate & Business Law||
4. Advanced Financial Management
|5. Performance Management||5. Advanced Performance Management|
|6. Taxation||6. Advanced Taxation|
|7. Financial Reporting||7. Advanced Audit & Assurance|
|F8 Audit & Assurance|
|F9 Financial Management|
- The entire curriculum of the ACCA is spread over 3 levels:
- Knowledge Level: Completion of levels from F1-F3 along with Foundation in Professional Ethics module helps you to earn a Diploma in Accounting & Business. These courses include Business Accounting, Management, and Financial Accounting. Strengthening your fundamental knowledge will prepare you for the more advanced subjects in the Professional level exams.
- Skills Level: The subjects included in the levels (F4-F9) is more tuned towards honing the skills in Financial Accounting, Audit and Taxation. After the completion of all these 9 subjects along with the Professional Ethics module, you can earn an Advanced Diploma in Accounting & Business. In case you are more inclined towards Research & Analysis, you also have the option of submitting a project and earning a BSc. in Applied Accounting by Oxford Brookes University.
- Professional (Essentials and Options) Level: The Professional Essentials (P1-P2) graduates to advanced levels of Business Leadership and Reporting. There is also an optional segment in the Professional level (P3-P6) which has specializations in Financial Management, Performance Management, Audit & Taxation. Any two out of these four can be opted for. The certification acquired at this level is Professional Level Certificate & ACCA Affiliate Status.
- Experience: 36 months of relevant work experience before, during, or after the course, coupled with the completion of these 13 papers and the ethics & professional module makes you eligible for ACCA professional membership.
- The Subjects covered under the levels help you acquire cross-sector finance and business knowledge that can give your profile the much-needed advantage. Hence ACCA qualified professionals are highly preferred and in high demand by the employers.
ACCA Scope across Roles & Fields:
- Across roles: This gives you access to a broad spectrum of interesting roles in
Finance and management
- Management Accountancy
- Corporate Finance
- Merger & Acquisitions
- Financial Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Credit Control
- Strategy and Innovation
- Audit, Tax & legal
- Audit & Assurance
- International Taxation
- Legal Governance, Risk & Control
- Corporate Financial Reporting
- Across Fields: Further, an ACCA can work across fields as a Management Accountant, Finance Manager, Financial or Business Analyst, Financial Consultant, Management Consultant, Financial Planner etc. Many MNC’s in India are recruiting ACCA qualified professionals in International Taxation and MIS due to the financial reporting requirements of the parent company for e.g. reporting under IFRS.
- Across roles: This gives you access to a broad spectrum of interesting roles in Finance and management
Future Professional Skills:The Compulsory papers at professional level aim to empower the students with new age global perspective in a digitized environment along with integrated thinking to prepare them for leadership roles. For example, The P1 paper: Strategic Business Leader aims to demonstrate organizational leadership and senior consultancy or advisory capabilities and relevant professional skills, through the context of an integrated case study of 100 marks. The P2 paper: Strategic Business Reporting syllabus requires students to examine corporate reporting from a number of perspectives, not only from the point of view of the preparer of corporate reports but also from the perspective of a variety of different stakeholders such as finance providers.
In conclusion, every year, over 45 lakh B. Com students look for a job in India. A professional course like ACCA simultaneously with your B. Com gives a head start to your career by providing cross-sector global finance knowledge that can give your profile the much-needed advantage. ACCA Qualification will provide you with skills and knowledge relevant to any sector including big four accounting & auditing firms, viz. KPMG, E&Y, Deloitte, PWC and multinational companies like Citicorp, JP Morgan, Microsoft, HSBC, Siemens, Nestle, Accenture among others. This means you can work wherever you wish your career path to take you.
Employers in finance, accounting, banking, consulting and management will recognize and respect your global ACCA Qualification and know you have the right skills needed for the job. Today, ACCA students and members are making a mark in the global world of finance as CEOs, CFOs and finance heads of organizations and again – it is beyond accounting.