Multi-National Corporations (popularly referred to as MNCs) opened a wide ray of scope to the Indians which has given an excellent global work exposure and a high level of living standard for our citizens. MNC’s include the entire Industry comprising Companies in different sectors and also Consulting Services like the Big Four – KPMG, Ernst & Young (EY), Deloitte and PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) , the biggest professional services networks in the world – offering audit, assurance services, taxation, management consulting, advisory, actuarial, corporate finance and legal services. They handle a vast majority of audits for public companies as well as many private companies. Let’s discuss how can you get to work with these prestigious organisations. Their eligibility, recruitment and interview process is as extremely professional and generally follows a protocol.Here is a peek into the process on a general level.
General Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum 70% in SSC and HSC
- 70% or above in Graduation
- Year gap of not more than 1 year is allowed
- There should not be any backlogs
General Recruitment Process
- Initial HR interview – Taken by HR
- First Technical Round – Taken by Manager/ Team Leader under which the candidate would be working
- Partner/Director round – This round is taken by Partner/ Director
- Final HR Round – Final Round of interview will be by Senior HR
Tips To Crack The InterviewInterviews have always been a nerve-racking experience. A situation where you are judged on your performance for a job. Everybody gets the jitters when it comes to interviews. Relax! Don’t panic. You need to overcome the nervousness. Some tips before going for the interview:
- You must always arrive fifteen minutes early at the interview venue
- Be neatly groomed and dress formally
- Greet the interviewer by giving a firm handshake.
- If you are asked a tricky question, and you do not know or are not confident about your answer, then say, “I am sorry, sir, but I do not know the answer to this question.
Common Interview Questions
- Walk me through your resume
- Tell me a little about yourself or background
- Why KPMG/Deloitte/PwC/E&Y/this MNC?
- Why audit/tax/advisory/finance?
- Where do you see your yourself in 5 to 10 years?
- Tell me about a time when you had to be a leader.
- Tell me about a time when you were had to overcome an obstacle to get something done.
- You do not agree with your leadership and hold an opposite view. Take me through the scenario to communicate this.
Conclusion:MNCs like the Big 4 can expose you to an exponential learning curve. You will have the opportunity to learn something new every day as you will constantly be presented with new business scenarios and challenges like large projects with sizable amounts of responsibility very early in your career. You will get to work with incredibly smart and successful people every single day. You will have every opportunity to prove yourself and succeed. However, to land your dream job is not that easy a task. Right approach and credentials can help you get the added advantage required to secure this job. Lately we have seen an increasing trend in the Big 4 looking for Qualified ACCA Professionals due to their Global and Practical skill-set. ACCA trains you to meet the changing expectations of best large employers globally.
Criteria seeked By MNCs and facilitated By ACCA:
- a candidate with a global qualification with global governance knowledge
- strategic business leadership with complex problem-solving ability
- strategic business reporting knowledge for different global stakeholders
- a candidate with niche analytical skills and high professional ethics
- interpretation and decision-making ability in era of digital data
- a candidate with vision and innovation and cross-country exposure ready with learning agility