I shall be highlighting some of the best options and courses that students can pursue after 12th commerce and build a good career in business management & finance stream
There are number of professional courses to choose from. Making a career choice is a tough decision and it can get confusing. So, list down your goals and aspirations, follow areas and subjects which interest you, talk to people in your circle who are working in those areas to get a feel of a day in their life, look for your ideas in that field and follow them on social media, check out a day in the life of a financial analyst on youtube, in short dig deep into your passions and make a choice.
Here are four good Professional Courses after 12th Commerce which you may want to consider.
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA)
- ACCA Meaning: ACCA is Association of Chartered Certified Accountant, world’s most forward-thinking professional accountancy body based in UK with 100+ years of experience. ACCA is a globally accepted qualification for successful careers in finance, accounting, banking, consulting and management. The ACCA course provides excellent career opportunities in India and abroad, to commerce students and professionals, creating strategic-thinking business managers globally.
- ACCA presence and jobs: The ACCA has currently had more than 208,000 fully qualified members and 503,000 students worldwide in 181 countries. They’re among the world’s best-qualified accountants who are highly sought-after in every sector by big four accounting & auditing firms, viz. KPMG, E&Y, Deloitte, PWC and multinational companies like Citicorp, JP Morgan, Microsoft, HSBC, Siemens, Nestle, Accenture among others. The salaries packages offered to ACCA qualified professionals are equivalent to any other accounting or finance professional and are in the range of INR 4 to 6 lakhs p.a in India;
- ACCA Structure (ACCA Levels): To Become ACCA you must
- Pass exams in 13 ACCA papers in 3 levels
- Complete an Ethics module, and,
- Gain 3 years of relevant work experience. (at any time before, during, or after participation the ACCA Course)
- ACCA Eligibility: You can join as early as 12th commerce and appear for ACCA exam after 12th board exam. This ensures you complete ACCA in 3 years, simultaneously with your graduation, if you register in 12th standard.
- Chartered Accountancy (CA)
- Chartered Accountancy or CA is a Commerce course, which students can pursue to become Chartered Accountants. CA in India is offered by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). It is one of the most respectable professions in India.
- CA Eligibility Criteria – Any candidate who has completed Class 12th or equivalent with at least 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized University can pursue CA.
- Company Secretary (CS):
- This course is provided by The Institute of Company Secretaries of India. A Company Secretary is basically responsible for all the regulatory compliances of the company and acts as an in-house legal expert. After doing CS you have an option to practice independently or look in for a job in compliances the corporate world.
- This is also a preferred choice for students pursuing Chartered Accountancy. A combination of CA and CS is opted by many for building a good career.
- CS Eligibility Criteria – Any candidate who has completed Class 12th or equivalent with at least 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized board or university can pursue CS.
- Bachelor of Law (LLB) with BBA (integrated course)
- Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Legislative Law Honors, popularly known as BBA LLB is an undergraduate Administrative Law professional integrated course. Students opting for BBA LLB get to study the combination of the study of Business Administration and Law. The Bar Council of India (BCI) is the main regulatory body of Law Education in India. BCI provides a certificate of practice after completion of LLB.
- Eligibility Criteria – A student who has qualified Senior Secondary (10+2) with a minimum of 50% marks and qualified for the MH CET Law Entrance Exam.
- For your graduation, you may consider anyone –
- B.Com.– Bachelor of Commerce- 3 years.
- B.B.A.– Bachelor of Business Administration- 3 years.
- B.M.S.– Bachelor of Management Studies-3 years.
- B.A.F.– Bachelor of Accounting and Finance- 3 years.
To summarize if you want to do a professional course alongside graduation, choose one professional course from section A and one Course from B section and begin your Corporate career at the age of 20.