To become an ACCA affiliate, you have to pass exams in 13 ACCA papers across 3 levels, complete an ethics module online, and gain 3 years of relevant work experience. (before, during, or after participation the ACCA Course). Before giving you an insight into the paper patterns, let me take you through some basic knowledge around it.
ACCA Curriculum: ACCA curriculum is spread over 3 levels
- Knowledge Level: Completion of levels from F1-F3 along with Foundation in Professional Ethics module helps you to earn a Diploma in Accounting & Business. These courses include Business Accounting, Management, and Financial Accounting. Strengthening your fundamental knowledge will prepare you for the more advanced subjects in the Professional level exams.
- Skills Level: The subjects included in the levels (F4-F9) is more tuned towards honing the skills in Financial Accounting, Audit and Taxation.
- Professional (Essentials and Options) Level: The Professional Essentials (P1-P2) graduates to advanced levels of Business Leadership and Reporting. There is also an optional segment in the Professional level (P3-P6) which has specializations in Financial Management, Performance Management, Audit & Taxation. Any two out of these four can be opted for.
ACCA Exam Schedule
- The first 4 papers AB, MA, FA & LW are computer-based objective exams, on demand and can be taken throughout the year. On-demand CBEs allow for flexibility in your studies as you can set them at any time of the year. Also, your results are displayed immediately at the end of the exam and uploaded to your account within 72 hours.
- From the 5th paper onwards i.e. (PM, TX, FR, AA, FM), there are 4 exam windows each year in March, June, September, and December. Exams are paper-based & consist of a mixture of multiple-choice objective and subjective questions.
- Papers SBL, SBR, AFM, APM, ATX, AAA fall under the Professional Level and all of these are also regular paper-based exams. For all paper-based exams, ACCA has four exam cycles which fall in the months of March, June, September, and December.
ACCA Exam FlexibilityYou can choose how you study, how often you sit for your exams. You can even appear for one paper at a time every 3 months. Maximum limit: You can appear for a maximum of 4 exams in 1 attempt. Maximum exams which he can write in one calendar year are 8.
DurationA full-time student who wants to complete all ACCA exam papers starting from F1, technically, can complete in only 1.5 years with a maximum of 8 papers per year (Total 13 papers). On average it would take 2.5 to 3 years.
|Subjects||Exam Type||Exam Mode||Exam Duration- Hrs||Exam Evaluation- Marks||Pass Marks||Centers||Examination Months|
|Knowledge level||AB, MA, FA||100% Objective||Computer Based Online||2||100||50||CB Centers Across India||On-Demand Exams|
|PM, TX, FR, AA, FM||60% Descriptive 40% Objective||Written Exam||3||100||50||ACCA Approved British Council Centers||March, June, September, December|
|Professional Level||SBL, SBR, AFM, APM, ATX, AAA||100% Descriptive and case study based||Written Exam||3||100||50||ACCA Approved British Council Centers||March, June, September, December|